Τhe city of Athens celebrates the Chinese New Year with a three-day event at the ‘Technopolis’ of the Municipality of Athens (Gazi).
We would like to inform you that the city of Athens celebrates the Chinese New Year with a three-day event (February 10-12) at the ‘Technopolis’ of the Municipality of Athens (Gazi).
The Chinese New Year’s celebrations are being organized in Europe since 2009 in order to showcase and promote China’s cultural heritage, as well as to develop and strengthen ties between the different peoples. Each year, a different European capital is chosen to host the celebrations. This time it is Athens’ turn.
The festivities include:
- Excerpts from theatrical plays, performed by Beijing Opera artists;
- Traditional Chinese music performed using classical instruments;
- Traditional Chinese dances;
- Martial arts performances;
- Traditional mask-making, paper-cutting, calligraphy and sweet-making workshops.
The celebrations are organized by the Ministry of Culture of the People's Republic of China, the Embassy of China in Greece, and the newspaper China Greece Times.